FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 9, 2011
| Doug Wright
NewTek Showcases Hardware Control Surface for New TriCaster™ 450 Series
TriCaster 450 CS provides physical interface to 14-channel HD portable live production systems
AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands – IBC Show – September 9, 2011 – NewTek, worldwide leader in portable live production and 3D animation systems, today announced the TriCaster™ 450 CS, a hardware control surface for the new TriCaster 450 series of HD portable live production systems. The TriCaster 450 CS provides tactile control of the 14-channel system's functions and effects, allowing operators to make snap decisions with confidence and ease. TriCaster 450 CS hardware provides illuminated push buttons, twist knobs, a premium T-bar and three-axis joystick to gain instant control of the functions in the TriCaster 450 series, letting operators perform commands on the fly.
“The TriCaster 450 CS gives broadcast professionals the high performance, hardware interface they expect to find in a traditional television control room,” said Andrew Cross, NewTek CTO. “Our users can access all of the power in the system from HD virtual sets and multi-track recording, to one-button streaming and more, without ever touching a mouse.”
With TriCaster, anyone can simultaneously produce, live stream, broadcast, project and record HD and SD network-style productions. A single operator can switch between multiple cameras, virtual inputs and live virtual sets, while inserting clips, titles and motion graphics with multi-channel effects. TriCaster is used by broadcasters, schools, sports organizations, houses of worship, government agencies and others to provide a new level of extended programming and content to their audience.
TriCaster 450 CS Benefits:
- Intuitive Control Layout allows the TriCaster 450 operator to have physical control of all sources. Back-lit buttons, twist knobs, a premium T-bar and three-axis joystick provide a hands-on connection to the functions and effects available from the TriCaster 450 interface.
- Virtual Input Rows deliver the ability to create complex switcher effects and assign them as switcher channels, including live virtual sets, picture-in-picture elements, and more.
- Utility Row offers a simple way to assign video streams to TriCaster's auxiliary video output, downstream key elements, and more.
- Utility Bus Delegate provides the ability to designate the switcher layer assigned to the Utility Row, offering added flexibility for live production.
- Live Virtual Set Controls deliver the zoom levels for camera shots within TriCaster virtual sets (using NewTek LiveSet™ technology) and execute animated zooms at variable speeds with the press of a button.
- Media Player Controls provide immediate access to the four digital media players. Use the illuminated buttons to select from the DDRs, graphics store, and sound player, cycle through presets and manage playback options.
- Positioner Controls include a three-axis joystick and back-lit buttons that allow position, full 3D rotation, scale and crop of sources, plus manual control of the virtual zoom, and the ability to jog or shuttle the selected media player.
- Transition Controls allow transition from one multi-source composition to another, manually or automatically. Cycle through transition styles and speeds, and then use the T-bar or illuminated buttons to view the desired source.
- One-Button Streaming allows use of Adobe® Flash® or Microsoft® Windows Media® to deliver a live stream directly to the Web.
- One-Button Recording captures content from a live production at full resolution, with a back-lit button that shows when the Record function is live.
Pricing and Availability
TriCaster 450 CS is available now and retails in North America for US$4,995. TriCaster 450 EXTREME is available at a retail price in North America of US$19,995 and in multi-standard for US$22,995. TriCaster 450 is also available in at a retail price in North America of US$14,995 and in multi-standard for US$17,995. The TriCaster family of products in NTSC is available for education in North America starting at US$4,995 and in multi-standard for US$5,995. The price may vary internationally. For more information, please visit www.newtek.com, or call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441. International callers dial +1-210-370-8000.
IBC Special Pricing
NewTek is offering two TriCaster EXTREME bundles at IBC. These offers expire on October 28, 2011
- TriCaster 450 EXTREME including TriCaster 450 CS and TriCaster 850 TW for US$24,995 and in multi-standard for US$27,995. A savings of US$2,490.
- TriCaster 850 EXTREME including TriCaster 850 CS and TriCaster 850 TW for US$$39,995 and in multi-standard for US$42,995. A savings of US$3,490.
Benefiting producers and artists with cost-effective and groundbreaking technologies, NewTek is a worldwide leader in portable live production, video editing, 3D animation and special effects tools, including the TriCaster™ product line, 3Play™ and LightWave 3D®. NewTek has won numerous industry accolades, including two Emmy® Awards.
Clients include: MTV, TWiT.TV, ESPN X Games, New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), North American Aerospace Defense Command, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). NewTek products have been used in feature films and television shows, including "Avatar," "TinTin," "Repo Men," "V," "Fringe," "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," and more.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. Please visit: www.newtek.com.
- TriCaster, TriCaster EXTREME, IsoCorder, 3Play and LightWave are trademarks of NewTek.
- LightWave 3D is a registered trademark of NewTek.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Sep 22, 2016
When we work with software such as a word processor we are used to having an undo button. This allows us to undo our recent actions and correct… Read more
Sep 20, 2016
NewBlue, Inc., has integrated NewTek NDI™ into its Titler Live Broadcast line of products to provide IP workflow, and announced the addition of Titler Live Broadcast to the NewTek… Read more
Sep 14, 2016
RedShark News announced their selections for their IBC 2016 awards, and we are honored to report that Most Innovative Product went to the NewTek IP Series production ecosystem. Here’s… Read more
Sep 9, 2016
“When we first showed the ability to connect Panasonic PTZ cameras like the AW-HE130 and AW-HE40 with IP streaming directly to a TriCaster that was an eye-opener, but… Read more
Sep 9, 2016
––Multi-channel media encoding and streaming video system distributes content directly to viewers within the firewall and externally to any device or to all common cloud services, anywhere–– IBC Booth… Read more
Fall Technology SummitSeptember 29, 2016
St. Louis, MO
HB's Vermont TechExhibit 2016October 3, 2016
Media Technology Expo
October 4 & 6, 2016
Seattle, WA & Portland, OR
Streaming Video, IP Workflow & NDI Solutions WorkshopOctober 5, 2016