FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 28, 2011
NewTek Ships Revolutionary 3Play™ 820 10-Channel HD Slow Motion Replay System
Portable model offers unprecedented performance and value for delivery of the most intense and engaging live productionsSan Antonio – July 28, 2011 – NewTek, worldwide leader in portable live production and 3D animation systems, today announced the shipment of 3Play™ 820, a 10-channel (eight-in, two-out), slow motion system that supports the simultaneous display, recording, and instant replay of up to eight video streams, each with up to quad channel audio.
"Running replay with the NewTek 3Play 820 has raised our production to new levels, while bringing down the stress level for our tape operators," said John Powell, NewTek beta tester and event producer for Turner Sports. "The system gives us the ability to recall an event, instantly; run multiple replays at a time, with dissolves in between each angle; and never miss a single frame of video, from any input. It's great for even the most intense live production."
3Play 820 gives sports broadcasters, leagues, teams and schools an affordable option to deliver instant replay and slow motion for broadcast, webcast, arena scoreboard displays, and more. Utilizing proprietary NewTek IsoCorder™ technology, the eight-input, two-output 3Play 820 offers revolutionary price-performance value, and retails at a fraction of the price of current four-input, two-output devices on the market. The system includes an intuitive control surface, giving replay operators hands-on control of every input. In addition, the ability to connect to any switcher provides ultimate flexibility for all production environments.
Benefits of NewTek 3Play 820 include:
- 10-channel slow motion instant replay server supports simultaneous, continuous recording from up to eight sources, with two fully independent playout channels
- World-class, interpolated slow motion delivers smooth playback, and ensures still frames are free of ghosting or blurring
- Full support for a vast range of video formats and frame rates
- A second display may be used as an ISO monitor bridge, including Heads Up Display (HUD)
- Easy import and export of a wide variety of popular media file types
- Multiple playlists, including transitions, sound tracks, and more
- Linear timecode (LTC) support for synchronized capture of live action and efficient post production
- Capture content from live video inputs to the destination drives of choice, with support for writing a single channel to two simultaneous drives for fail safety, when required
- Compact 4U rack mount design includes an always on-air, multi-tiered fail-safe system and redundant hardware
- Premium hardware control surface
Pricing and Availability
3Play 820 is available in North America for US$39,995. International pricing may vary. Educational pricing is also available. For more information, please visit www.newtek.com, or call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441. International callers dial +1-210-370-8000.
Benefiting producers and artists with cost-effective and groundbreaking technologies, NewTek is a worldwide leader in portable live production, video editing, 3D animation and special effects tools, including the TriCaster™ product line, 3Play™ and LightWave 3D®. NewTek has won numerous industry accolades, including two Emmy® Awards.
Clients include: Turner Sports, MTV, TWiT.TV, ESPN X Games, New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), North American Aerospace Defense Command, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). NewTek products have been used in feature films and television shows, including "Avatar," "TinTin," "Repo Men," "V," "Fringe," "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," and more.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. Please visit: www.newtek.com.
- TriCaster, TriCaster EXTREME, TriCaster BROADCAST and TriCaster STUDIO are trademarks of NewTek.
- IsoCorder, 3Play and LightWave are trademarks of NewTek.
- LightWave 3D is a registered trademark of NewTek.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Oct 8, 2015
By Jeff Foster To get the best results from your green screen composite you need the best quality background materials and the best lighting setup that will give you… Read more
Oct 5, 2015
By Jeff Foster While you can edit existing virtual sets with the NewTek Virtual Set Editor (VSE) or create a new one from 3D rendered sets you can purchase… Read more
Oct 2, 2015
“There’s been an enormous explosion in the growth of participatory television.” That is an appropriate lead statement in From Box to Broadcast, a 4-part video tip series created by our friends at Skype… Read more
JB&A National Video Workflow Road ShowNational Harbor, MD and Atlanta, GA
Television News for Less30-minute Webinar
Make Video Like a Pro: TriCaster Mini DemoRaleigh, NC