FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 17, 2011
NewTek 3Play™ 425 Ships, Making HD Instant Replay Accessible to All
New four-in, two-out, 2U replay system delivers a revolutionary price-performance value to producers
SAN ANTONIO - November 17, 2011 - NewTek, worldwide leader in portable live production and 3D animation systems, today announced the availability of 3Play™ 425, a four-input, two-output, slow motion system that supports the simultaneous display, recording and instant replay of all channels. NewTek 3Play 425 is a powerful and compact system that provides a turnkey solution for broadcast-quality instant replay, In the past, this level of quality was out of reach for many producers, due to high equipment costs.
3Play 425 gives sports broadcasters, leagues, teams, schools and venues an affordable option to deliver instant replay and slow motion for broadcast, webcast, arena scoreboard displays, and more, without sacrificing quality. 3Play 425 offers revolutionary price-performance value that makes HD, multi-channel instant replay accessible to almost everyone.
"NewTek 3Play is truly a game changer for live sports coverage," said Blair Cartwright, Director of New Media at the University of Arkansas. "Until now, professional high definition, instant replay was only in the hands of big budget producers. Now, any facility can have access to this piece of 'fan-required' gear for live sports coverage.
NewTek TriCaster™ customers can easily incorporate 3Play 425 into their programming over Ethernet, freeing up the live video inputs for cameras. 3Play 425 can also be integrated into traditional broadcast installations, providing advanced capabilities for any existing production infrastructure. The system includes an intuitive and rugged control surface, giving replay operators hands-on control of every input.
NewTek 3Play 425 benefits include:
- Simultaneous display and synchronized, continuous recording of up to four live video sources
- Two fully independent playout channels for output flexibility (e.g. one for air, one for arena scoreboard display)
- Network-quality presentation, including interpolated slow motion and multi-angle switching during live playback
- Instant, in-game creation of playlists and highlight reels with transitions and soundtracks
- Team with TriCaster (running Rev. 3e software, available in December, 2011) over local network to maximize production resources and distribution
- Independent audio routing for every input (e.g. assign broadcast audio or natural sound to a specific camera angle)
- Native HD/SD resolution (up to 1080p)
- Record up to 30 total hours HD for immediate replay
- Integrated multi-view monitoring with Heads Up Display (HUD)
- Quick and easy import and export of media
- Compact 2U rack mount design with multi-tiered hardware and software fail-safe systems
- Premium hardware control surface
New Features Also Available in 3Play 820
Along with the release of 3Play 425, comes the availability of the latest version of 3Play 820. The eight-in/two-out, 4U rack mount system, available since July 2011, can now be integrated over the network with TriCaster, as well as side-by-side in any switching environment. With independent audio routing of any of its live video and audio inputs and updates to a number of features, the 3Play Rev. 2 release - combined with the new 3Play 425 system-boosts the capabilities of NewTek's 4U and 2U slow-motion replay solutions.
Pricing and Availability
3Play 425 is available now and retails in North America for US$21,995. The 3Play family of products in NTSC is available for education in North America starting at US$16,995 and in multi-standard for US$19,995. International pricing may vary. For more information, please visit www.newtek.com, or call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441. International callers dial +1-210-370-8000. 3Play 820 Rev. 2 is available as a free download for registered owners and is included in all new 3Play 820 purchases.
Benefiting producers and artists with cost-effective and groundbreaking technologies, NewTek is a worldwide leader in portable live production, video editing, 3D animation and special effects tools, including the TriCaster™ product line, 3Play™ and LightWave 3D®. NewTek has won numerous industry accolades, including two Emmy® Awards.
Clients include: University of Arkansas, Turner Sports, MTV, ESPN X Games, St. Johns University, NBA Development League, Major League Baseball, Fox Sports, USA TODAY and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). NewTek products have been used in feature films and television shows, including "Avatar," "TinTin," "Repo Men," "V," "Fringe," "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," and more.NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. Please visit: www.newtek.com.
- TriCaster, 3Play, IsoCorder and LightWave are trademarks of NewTek.
- LightWave 3D is a registered trademark of NewTek.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Jan 20, 2017
A recent article for WorshipTechDirector.com by Tim Dougherty, Senior Solutions Engineer with Wowza™ Media Systems, offers insight about the value of adding a media server for houses of worship.… Read more
Jan 19, 2017
NewTek Connect Pro can serve a variety of video sources as NDI streams for a video production IP workflow, plus give you quality controls for the video streams… Read more
Jan 6, 2017
Another ability of NewTek™ Connect Pro is that the application can work with any compatible capture card installed on or attached to the host system. Just as with… Read more
Jan 3, 2017
By Brian Leopold Election Day 2016. Polling places jammed with harried voters, anxiously awaiting the opportunity to exercise their rights as citizens and vote for the candidate of their… Read more
Video Technology for Sports ProductionsJanuary 25, 2017
West Valley City, UT
Live Video Streaming Open HouseJanuary 25, 2017
Get the latest IP production news at
A curated social media feed in association with TV Technology & Creative Planet